Sunday, September 4, 2011

September 8: Feast of the Nativity of the Theotokos

September 8: Feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

The feast of the Immaculate Conception is celebrated on December 8th. Nine months later (funny how that works out), we celebrate the Feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary on September 8th.

Theotokos is the Greek title for Mary. It means God-bearer or one who gives birth to God. Nativity just means birth. I have to admit I was kinda disappointed there was not more meaning behind it...



When I love I give it all I can
Like my mother does.
When I'm scared I bow my head and pray
Like my mother does.

When I feel weak and un-pretty
I know I am beautiful and strong
Because I see myself
Like my mother does.
Like My Mother Does -Lauren Alaina

1 comment:

  1. Like the song you chose. I'll always listen to it in a different light now. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete